Saturday, March 26, 2011

All before he was 24........

For an assignment at Teachers' College we have to talk about our culture and what has influenced us. So, I decided to Google my grandfather's name because I knew that he had done some pretty awesome stuff when he was a part of the RNZAF.
I came across an article about my grandfather and his receiving of a Conspicuous Gallantry Medal in 1943.
I read through the article with amazement - I am just so proud of my grandfather! I wish I could tell him so now, but he has now been gone from this earth nearly 10 years.
The thing that got me was the fact that he had performed these amazing acts to gain him this medal all before his 24th birthday. I'm currently 22 and I don't necessarily feel that I have done anything as awesome as that yet. My grandfather saved people's lives!

Well it is all just something to think about really. Very cool to find out things about your family! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment