Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jehovah our Concentration

Jehovah Jireh, The Lord our Provider.

My question is, does God refer to Himself as The Lord our Concentration in the Bible?
Just looking at this week I have been doing assignments and have been terribly terribly distracted by so many things (mainly internet related....) that I am wondering if I can ask God to be my concentration.
You could say that concentration is a by-product of strength, and God certainly is our strength.
So is He, or can He be, our concentration?

We live, now, in a world full of information and entertainment, and even info-tainment (!).
But we are not called to be a part of this world, we are called to be a part of God's world. Maybe that, then, is our cross to bear as westerners, the thorn in our side, the fact that we MUST get beyond ourselves, have some self-control and forcefully sit down and get concentrated on God for a bit everyday.
I, personally, find that I cannot read my Bible in the morning or pray if I turn on my computer first. My God time in the mornings needs to be before I hit electronics of almost any kind (except for microwaves and toasters, I like breakfast!).
If I don't do it before then I can't concentrate, the world is in my head (like The Doctor) and no matter how much I want to spend some quality with God I can't.

I see why King David liked to spend his mornings with God.
And also DC Talk

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment